Organists and organ lovers enjoy Organist Holidays to Bournemouth & Dorset. Visit the fantastic Compton Organ at Bournemouth Pavilion and other organs in and around Bournemouth including the magnificent Nicholson Pipe Organ at Christchurch Priory – one of the finest pipe organs in the south of England.
A 3 or 4 day tour is usually needed to appreciate some of the best organs in the area.
Christchurch Priory and the Pavilion Theatre in Bournemouth are ‘must-sees’. You can then add vists to all or any of the following:
- Milton Abbey, Blandford Forum
- St Peter’s Church, Parkstone
- St Aldhem’s Church, Branksome
- St James’ Church, Poole Quay
- St John the Evangelist Church, Boscombe
- St Peter’s Church, Bournemouth
- St Stephen’s Church, Bournemouth
- Richmond Hill St ANdrew’s URC, Bournemouth
- St George’s Methodist Church, Boscombe
- Corfe Castle Parish Church, Corfe Castle
- St James Church, Kingston
- Lulworth Parish Church, Lulworth
- Lulworth Castle RC Chapel, Lulworth
This is by no means a definitive list as there are many more churches throughout Dorset and the New Forest that are still home to some very impressive organs.
The Whitehall Hotel welcomes organists and organ enthusiasts to Bournemouth. We can help you organise your organist tour to Bournemouth by helping you plan itineraries, arrange venues and transport, and provide packed lunches when necessary. Visits to recitals and talks can also be arranged. The Whitehall offers group discounts and we’d be pleased to discuss your group tour to Bournemouth, Dorset and surrounding areas.
Call us on 01202 554682 for a friendly chat about organist holidays to the Whitehall Hotel.
To whet your appetite the Compton Organ Facebook page usually includes a list of forthcoming concerts.